Effective Date: April 2, 2019.
The purpose of the application is to provide access to resources and contacts that could help and assist you when faced with a past, present or potential violent situation. The Application has several features:
1. The automatic sending of information on your approximate geographic position and sounds in your environment to the mobile phones of contacts of your choice defined beforehand. This service is provided solely as a convenience and is not designed, nor should it be considered as an equivalent alternative to emergency calls to the competent authorities.
2. The automatic call and the pre-composition of telephone numbers of helplines, help centres and emergency services
3. The instantaneous consultation of help information and resources via websites and dedicated web applications.
The application enables the user to:
• Send an alert to 3 of their contacts by push notification,
• Share and save the GPS position of their mobile in real time with these 3 contacts,
• Share and save the audio environment with these 3 contacts,
• Directly initiate a telephone call to the national emergency services,
• Make telephone calls to more than 1,000 professional helplines,
• Consult websites specialised in violence against women,
• Consult the once-upon-a-map.com site, an interactive map showing all international shelters and support structures
This list is non-exhaustive and may be modified at any time by Resonantes without it being held liable in any way whatsoever.
The entire “App-Elles” application is protected by French and international intellectual property rights. All reproduction and representation rights are reserved, including for downloadable documents. All the text, graphics, icons, photographs, plans, logos, videos, sounds, trademarks, and more generally, all of the elements making up the “App-Elles” application cannot, in accordance with Articles L122-4 and L341-1 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code, be the subject of any representation, reproduction, exploitation or extraction, in whole or in part, on any media whatsoever, without the express prior authorisation of Resonantes and its partners. Failure to comply with this prohibition would constitute an act of infringement and may engage the civil and/or criminal liability of its author. Resonantes and its partners reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings against any person who fails to comply with this prohibition. None of the legal provisions of these GCU can be interpreted as a cession, transfer, sale, concession, licence, loan, lease, or operating authorisation granted directly or indirectly by Resonantes for the benefit of the User on the Application, its Content, and/or Services.
The use of the Application's audio recording feature from the microphone of your mobile phone requires the express prior consent of the User to be recorded. For this, the User will have to authorise the use of the microphone on their mobile device in the permissions when first installing the Application. This functionality can, at any time, and at no cost, be disabled or enabled.
Acceptance of the mobile device’s microphone audio recording feature allows the User to:
• share their sound environment in real time with contacts of their choice when they trigger an alert.
The audio recording service may not work accurately, permanently or without error depending on circumstances, such as the network connectivity, the charge status or power level of your mobile phone battery or that of your chosen contacts and/or other circumstances that are beyond the control of Resonantes. The accuracy of the information on your position and the timely availability of the Services may be affected by your environment, as well as the status of your mobile phone and that of your chosen contacts.
The “App-Elles” application is provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind. The User acknowledges and accepts the characteristics and limitations of the Internet network and, in particular, its functional characteristics and technical performance; problems relating to the connection and/or access to the Internet network and/or websites; problems relating to network availability and congestion; problems relating to network failure or saturation; problems relating to the transit time, access to the information posted online, the response time to display, consult, query or otherwise transfer data; the risks of interruption; the absence of protection of certain data against possible misuse or piracy; the risk of contamination by viruses circulating on said networks, etc., for which Resonantes shall not be held liable. Resonantes cannot be held responsible:
◦ in case of data transmission fault, loss, delay or error which are beyond its control;
◦ for sending messages and/or data to a false, incorrect or incomplete address;
◦ if Resonantes does not receive the data, for any reason, or if the data it receives is illegible or impossible to process;
◦ if the User could not manage to access or use the Site, Application and/or Services for any reason whatsoever;
◦ if, for any reason, the connection should be interrupted.
It is the sole responsibility of the User, like any other web user or mobile phone owner, to protect their own equipment, particularly against any form of attack from viruses and/or hacking attempts for which Resonantes can in no way be held responsible. As such, it is the sole responsibility of the User to take all appropriate measures to protect their own data and/or software stored on their equipment (telephone, computer) against any threat (malfunctioning, virus, piracy. The list of examples is not exhaustive).
◦ The User is solely responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of their technical equipment needed to use the Application. In any case, Resonantes will in no way be held responsible should the Application be incompatible or cause the malfunctioning of some of the User’s equipment.
◦ The User is solely responsible for the use they make of the Application and cannot hold Resonantes liable for any claim and/or proceeding brought against him or her. The User undertakes to assume personal responsibility for any complaint and/or proceeding that might be brought against Resonantes and that is related to their personal use.
◦ Resonantes cannot be held responsible in case of failure to comply with the laws of a foreign country.
◦ Links may refer to other applications, websites or other social networks. Resonantes cannot be held responsible in cases where the content of such applications, websites or social networks contravenes the rights of a third party and, more generally, the legal or regulatory provisions in force.
◦ The information communicated in the “App-Elles” Application is provided on an indicative basis; it is non-contractual and Resonantes cannot be held responsible for its content. It can be modified or updated without prior notice.
◦ Resonantes also reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to make any changes or improvements to the Application. Resonantes cannot be held liable for any omissions and/or errors that the Application may contain.
◦ The version of the “App-Elles” Application may be updated from time to time to add new Content and/or new services without notifying the User in advance.
◦ Resonantes cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect damage of any kind resulting from the use of the Application or from the inability to use it.
◦ Resonantes cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect damage of any kind resulting from the use of, or inability to use, the websites linked to the Application or that Users can access via the Application.
RESONANTES SERVICES PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated: February 8, 2020.
3. WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA AND ON WHAT BASIS ?
To execute our contract with you, we may use your data to:
With the legitimate aim of optimizing the quality of our Services, we may use your data to:
With the legitimate aim of optimizing your user experience in our Application, we may use your data to:
With the legitimate aim of promoting our Services and reaching interested audiences, we may use your data to:
With the legitimate aim of protecting our operations, we may use your data to:
With your consent, we may use your data:
Finally, we may use your data to:
In addition, we may use your data for other purposes compatible with those listed above.
We do not use your data to make automated decisions that significantly affect you. An "automated decision" is a decision made by an information system without human intervention.
4. WHAT DATA DO WE PROCESS ?
We use the following personal data:
We do not seek to collect or use any other special category of data that concerns you. By special categories of data, we mean information of a genetic, biometric or medical nature, information on racial or ethnic origins, habits or sexual orientations, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or belonging to a union, or information about your possible criminal record.
5. WHERE DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA FROM ?
We collect your personal data from the following sources:
It is not compulsory to communicate data to us. However, we are unable to provide all or part of the Services without using your data. If you use our Services, we will collect data for all or part of the purposes described in this notice, depending on the Services you decide to use and your choices when you use them. You have various options to limit or control the extent to which your data is used. For example, you can choose to create a specific e-mail address reserved for your use of the App-Elles application or deactivate all or part of the cookies in your browser settings when you are redirected to our websites.
6. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH ?
We may share your data with third parties for the purposes described in this notice. These can be the following categories of recipients:
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA ?
We will keep your data as long as necessary to fulfill the objectives which justified their collection, namely, inter alia, to provide you with the Services or to comply with legal, accounting and declarative constraints. We may regularly delete or anonymize inactive accounts or other data in our Games or Services.
After the applicable retention period, we will delete or anonymize your data or, if it is not possible to delete or anonymize it (for example, if the data is stored on a backup server), it will no longer be exploited until it becomes possible to delete or anonymize them. We may continue to use anonymous data (for example, aggregated data).
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE ?
We have taken steps to provide a level of security appropriate to the level of risk arising from the processing of your personal data described in this notice. These measures are designed to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction, as well as against loss, alteration, disclosure or unauthorized access. The specific measures we adopt vary, but generally include encryption of data in transit, anonymization of data (if possible), controls to limit access to services or systems that contain personal data, as well as implementation of procedures dedicated to the management of supposed security incidents.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
If we use your data, you have the right:
When our use of your data is subject to your consent, you are free to revoke it at any time. Please note that we will have full legitimacy to continue to use your data if the law allows us to do so, even if you revoke your consent.
To exercise your rights, you can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To honor requests sent by email, we may need to confirm your identity to verify that you have the right to make this request, which may involve requesting other information from you. For example, we may ask you to provide sufficiently detailed information about the account that is the subject of the request to allow us to confirm that you are the account holder or that you are acting on their behalf. In rare cases, and to the extent of applicable law, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for exercising your rights.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Any personal data likely to be collected in connection with the use of the Application will be processed and stored in accordance with Law No. 78 -017 of January 6, 1978 relating to Computers, Files and Freedoms modified. Refusal to provide certain personal data may deprive You of access to certain Services.
10. AGE LIMIT
In accordance with our TOS, you certify that you are at least 13 years old. However, we do not know the age of the users of our Services. If you are under the age of 13, please do not share your personal information with us (including your name, address, telephone number, or email address) and do not use the Services to share it with others.
If we discover that we have personal data about a user under the age of 13, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that we use that data in accordance with applicable laws and legislation, otherwise we will delete it from our records. If you have reason to believe that we hold personal data relating to a user under the age of 13, please contact us.
We may update this notice regularly, due to a change in our activities or because of the legal obligations which apply to us. You can view these changes here. Likewise, we will inform you of possible changes by other means adapted to the importance of the changes in question.